Sunday, February 7, 2010

Is it true that you have to push yourself out of your comfort zone for change to happen?

Like if you want to change something about yourself, you need to push yourself out of your comfort zone to make it happen?Is it true that you have to push yourself out of your comfort zone for change to happen?
Einstein said something like: doing the same thing day after day and expecting a different result is insane. If you want a different end result than the one you have now of course you are going to have to change or it will stay the same. If you continue to paint the fence with red paint you are going to have a red fence. Trust me I don't like anything to change but in order for my life to get better I HAD to go college and so here I am. It took alot but it was change for the good and boy was it out of my ';comfort zone'; it took three tries but I did it.Is it true that you have to push yourself out of your comfort zone for change to happen?
I don't think the notion of ';comfort zone'; is psychological; I'm just clarifying. However, it is only reasonable to think that changes (especially fairly dramatic ones) happen when a person gets out of his/her comfort zone (mostly: what that person is used to, and thus it is trivial and common in that person's life).





Changes, by definition, entail risks. The comfort zone does not (hence the ';comfort'; part; changes can sometimes be distressing or unpleasant but necessary).

No comments:

Post a Comment